Commenting on his selection to stand in Langley St Mary's, Adil Iftakhar said;
"After years and years of mismanagement of public funds, resulting in the continuous rise in council tax – with a 3.84% rise in 2020 and a 4.99% rise this year. The repercussions of Slough Labour’s spending spree are felt by many, with botched commercial investments that are now planned to be sold off as the council’s expenditure far exceeds its income.
This labour-controlled council is £703 million in debt with no effective scrutiny in place – they simply do as they wish to the detriment of us all. Its about time we hold them to account for their ill-thought-out plans. If like me, you were furious with the following decisions:
- The creation of the disastrous A4 bus lane and
- The land grabbing at Langley Memorial Park
The latter was the last straw in urging me to make a stand against this inept administration, therefore, it is with great pleasure that I announce my candidacy for Langley St Mary’s. This is a ward I hold close to my heart and I will ensure that:
- We make our streets safer – focus council resources on working with police and others to cut crime
- Put residents first for housing – putting local residents first when it comes to housing allocation over non-residents
- Fight for cleaner air & protect green spaces – halt Labour’s deal with Heathrow without environmental protection & guarantee protection of our green spaces from development
- Stop Labour wasting your money – stop Labour’s taxpayer debt pilling up by halting their frivolous spending"